2018 Superstar

$55.00

Out of stock

Description

MEMBERSHIP EXCLUSIVE LIMITED RELEASE

  • Available to Members Only (JOIN HERE)
  • Email to order – sweiss.shirah@gmail.com
  • Public Release Date: March 2022

 

Varietal: Syrah

Vineyard: Larner

Region: Ballard Cyn. AVA, Santa Barbara, CA

 

Bottle Size: 750ml

 

A Larner Vineyard designate Syrah. From one of Ballard Canyon AVA’s best known sites and a favorite of local legend winemaker Seth Kunin. This wine is dedicated to his memory. 

Ballard Canyon AVA is situated midway through the transverse Santa Ynez Valley, and is considered by many as the ideal zone for Syrah and other Rhone varieties due to its moderate climate. This wine is 100% Estrella clone Syrah, another preference of Seth’s and rightfully so as it generally tends to display the classical components of Syrah: dark color, depth and complexity, savory, spicy and meaty notes and a deep core of blackberry and blueberry fruit. 

We kept the fermentation simple, destemming fully so as to express this wine in it’s simplest, purest form, although it was aged in 25% once used Stockinger Austrian Oak barrel, contributing fresh tannin and a unique spice which we feel works nicely in Syrah. Being only lightly toasted and the remaining 75% oak being neutral French barrels, toasty oak notes are practically imperceptible, with just a touch of buttery mocha on the finish.

 

New Release TN’s: 

Date Tasted: December, 2021

Color: Dark Maroon.

Nose: Classic Syrah blackberry, charcuterie, Szechuan peppercorn, blood orange zest, marzipan,  cedary spice

Mouth: Good acidity/sweetness, juicy integrated tannin, Ballard Canyon floral and spice notes, subtle buttery mocha.

 

  • Minimal to no decanting necessary.
  • Best enjoyed with medium rare rack of lamb, charred Hanger steak, pasta al tartufo Piemontese 
  • Drink Now through 2028

Additional information

Weight 3 lbs
SKU: SWC114 Category:

©2022 ShirahWine.com | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy | Website Powered by Recur.store

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?